The DWP provides sewer service to most of our water customers.
Sewer services are provided to most DWP water customers.
Help keep the sewer system flowing freely:
- Don't put any fats, oils or grease (FOG) down the drain.
These substances can clog the pipes in your home — and on your street.
Learn more about FOG...
- Don't flush drugs (or toxic substances) down the drain
Prescription drugs and other substances should be disposed of properly.
Quick Facts About the Water Reclamation Group
- Serves approximately 144,000 customers
- Maintains 44 miles of wastewater mains
- Operates 3 water reclamation facilities
- Treats 13 million gallons a day (on average)
Wonder how sewer effluent is treated? Read about Water Reclamation Facility #1.
Find More Information About Your Sewer Service
- Current Sewer Rates
- Discharge Regulations
- A Layperson's Guide to California Wastewater
This publication outlines the state’s wastewater collection, conveyance, treatment, reuse, and disposal systems.